Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Detox: Day 9

Almost in the double digits - YAY! Hopefully this week is going easier for you. I find around this time I start getting a little bored with my food. Therefore it's time to spice things up!
Wrap-less Burritios

I got a bunch of sweet potatoes in my organic produce basket this week and was thinking about what I can do different with them. I absolutely L-O-V-E Mexican food and realize while on a cleanse, my options for these authentic dishes are limited. Then I thought about burritos. The only thing that puts burritos on the 'forbidden' list is the tortilla wrap. So I got rid of it. I stuffed some Boston lettuce leaves with brown rice, spiced up black beans, mashed sweet potato, topped it with guacamole & homemade salsa and Hala! Muchos delicioso cheat-proof burritos!!
Banana, pinapple, blueberry, coconut 'Ice Cream'
Then for dessert, I made a masterpiece! I had another sweet craving but was determined to steer away from my already opened chocolate bar. Instead I had ice cream. Yes, you heard me right. Well, some may call it a thick smoothie but I call it ice cream. Forbidden things always sound more appealing anyway:) I used frozen fruit and a bit of coconut milk to make it creamy. This just may be go to dessert from now on, detoxing or not!

(My apologies for the quality of this photo. My camera was acting up and I was too impatient to fiddle around as I couldn't wait any longer to devour this yummy dessert!)

No comments:

Post a Comment