Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Detox: Day 10

How my food makes me feel!
YAY!! Double digits - Congrats!

I wanted to send a special shout-out to my co-worker & friend, Toni. She has been so enthusiastic about this detox, she has been inspiring to me. Toni was not a terrible eater before, but she was in need of a few changes in her diet. Being that this was her first detox, she didn't want to set the bar too high and said she'll try it for a week. Well, not only has she stayed on for another week, Toni has not cheated once! Every lunch hour we sit and rummage through recipes while sampling each others creations. Keep up the awesome work Toni!!

One thing I am noticing on this detox is that I am so concentrated on my food that eating becomes this big event. At a time where many think you are so limited with food options, I am discovering endless new creations in the kitchen. So often we fall into a routine and either cook the same things, often based on convenience. Not only has this detox brought awareness to everything I put in my body, but the energy I put into my food and food preparation, the excitement & the pride, is taken on when I eat it. Pretty much what I give in comes back to me - full circle!

Only a few days left and it'll will be 2 weeks. Keep it up!!

2 comments:

  1. yay! Thanks Kim!
    But do remember, part of the reason why I may have not cheated yet, is because I have no social life! :(
    Nah, I'd make it work if I was out more often, but my detox would be a little different in that case - diferent recipes, perhaps not quite as much variety. I'm glad to be able to do this detox "with guns ablazin'"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have done my detox at the same time as you both to have the mutual excitement, but I'm still really jazzed about mine. Your enthusiasm and knowledge about the amended cleanse I'm starting tomorrow has me really psyched for it!

    ReplyDelete