Monday, April 11, 2011

Detox: 1 week!!!


1 week!!! You detoxed for a week!! Congratulations!!
Now that you saw how easy that was I hope you are staying on board for another!

Some of you may not be sure if you want to continue this for another week. Maybe you found it to be too difficult and just can’t get the thought of a coffee or sweet treat out of your head. Maybe you are wondering what all that hard work was for as you really don’t feel any different. That may be true as sometimes we don’t necessarily see the results we were hoping for. But realistically, it was just a week. There is only so many pounds you can shed in 7 days. However, as you are focusing on your waistline, other changes may have occurred.

After a 1 week detox you should notice your energy levels increased. You should have more consistent energy through your day instead or periods of highs & lows.  Your cravings for sweets, especially after dinner, should have dwindled as you have leveled out your blood sugar levels. Also, if you were a night time snacker or emotional eater, you should have gained a little more control over your evening eating habits. Also, your skin may be clearer, or like me, it could be worse. Although my pores look smaller and cleaner, and skin seems fresher, I had a recent break out. This indicates that I am definitely ridding of some toxins. The three main exits for toxins are through the bowels, the kidneys and through the skin.  So a break out may not necessarily be a bad thing. You may have noticed is your urine is clearer. And if you’ve been eating as many beets as me, it will be clear with a pinkish hue:)

My 1st week was definitely easier than previously detox's.  Aside from my Saturday crack, not touching chocolate for a week is a record for me. My energy levels have been consistent and I haven’t experienced any lethargy after meals. I am more hungry though. Before, I was easily able to last until 1:30 or 2pm before eating lunch. Now I can barely make it to 12:30.  I do still want something sweet after dinner but if I give myself the time to think before just reaching, the craving usually passes. Probably more habit than need. Through my meditations I am finding my self more calm and actually able to be somewhat still. Those moments of stillness are still few and far between but they were literally non-existent before. The need for distraction, via phone, internet, ipod or what ever else I’ve come to depend on these passed few years seems not as strong.  And, although I am busier with all the cooking and blogging, I feel as though I am more organized with my time.

Now on to week 2. I hope you are all still on board because this is where things really start to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment