Sunday, April 10, 2011

Detox: Day 6

1 more day and it's already a week! Congrats!
Apple/pear sauce with cinnamon & dates
The first Saturday of the cleanse. The thought of a yummy morning coffee may have entered my mind once but I quickly forgot about it after my carrot/beet/kale juice. Seriously! I don't think I can consume any more liquids for a while after downing a liter of that! I hit the gym in the mid afternoon so I made sure to have my lunch before. I had some hummus and veggies as well as an apple in the afternoon to tie me over until dinner. Being that it was Saturday night and sticking to my own advice about not being a hermit while detoxing, I went out for dinner. We are so fortunate to live in Toronto, as it has a plethora of healthy restaurants to chose from. I went to Fresh with a friend and had their scrumptious Warrior bowl on brown rice. We even treated ourselves to the quinoa battered onion rings for an appetizer - delish! We eyeballed the dessert menu for quite some time, hoping there was something we were allowed but I wasn't ready to bend the rules that much. Instead, I went home and made myself an even better dessert than those cane sugared cupcakes with icing or that walnut brownie I salivated over;) I steamed 1 apple, 1 pear and 2 medjool dates. I pureed it all into a sauce, sprinkled some cinnamon, topped with more dates and voila! I dessert fit for a (detoxing) queen!

Oh, but this happened as I was waiting for the apples to steam...
Oops!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    what do you mean by 'stream' with the fruits for dessert? Did you just chop and puree it all, or juice the fruit first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - spelling error.I meant 'steam'.

    ReplyDelete