Saturday, April 9, 2011

Detox: Day 5


My apologies for the delay. I got home late last night to find my internet disconnected. So Im at my local library writing this.

So Day 5 is over and done. You are over that big steep hill and its just a smooth down hill ride from here.  Your blood sugar levels should be balancing out and hopefully those coffee withdrawal-induced headaches are tapering off.  You will still be releasing toxins so other symptoms are still possible but I feel the worst is over.

My day 5 was pretty good. I again ate pretty much the same as yesterday except dinner got a little messed up. Although I had a nice salad in my bag, I had forgotten a fork. I went straight to the concert (Timber Timbre – AMAZING!) and didn’t eat any dinner. Had an apple and some sunflower seeds to tie me over but we ended up going for a bite afterwards. 1st rule broken = eating after 10 pm.  2nd rule broken = although I ordered well-permitted salad rolls, it came with a dipping sauce which I am sure contained many ingredients from the ‘avoid’ list. But I ate it anyway. So, I did bend the rules a bit but not bad considering other options I could’ve chosen for dinner. Oh yeah, and the fact that my chocolate bar is still not even opened; no guilty feelings here.

Congratulations for surviving what is said to be the hardest part of a detox. You stuck it out and for that, I am so proud!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! My first weekend breakfast. Without a juicer. lets just say THANK YOU to Bolthouse carrot juice for providing 1/2 litre of it to start. the rest was BLENDED beet, ginger, parsley, mint, apple, pear, celery, spinach. Used the sieve like you suggested Kim! It worked: 1 litre of juice came out of it, with a little pulp (unavoidable). But I think I'm going to hit up Craigslist for a proper juicer. OMG. I'm also going to relax the rules a bit and follow your non-hermit eating out suggestions for the weekend...for the hours I'm out of the house anyway. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Toni!!! I love how you are making 'amazing' do with the tools you have. I realize these expensive juicers are not always an option (or even the cheap ones) so we have to do within our means. Great example of this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete