Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Detox: Day 3

Me and my 1 weeks' supply!
Okay, so I guess I'll break it to you now since day 3 is almost over. Today is usually a toughie for most, so if you struggled a bit, don't worry. Actually, day 3-5 are pretty tough. In the past, these days of a detox felt similar to running up a very steep hill. It drags, it burns, and all the while you keep looking back contemplating just lying down and log rolling all the way to the bottom! But you don't. You keep trekking because I promise you, after day 5 it's smooth sailing. You made it to day 3, that's like half a week. You can totally do this!!
My day 3 was much better then my previous day 3 detox's. For one of the first times in a while, I did not have that afternoon crash after lunch. My energy level was high and steady throughout, and imagine - no caffeine! I think I over did it with the sweet potatoes though. I had sweet potato soup and sweet potato salad for lunch, then had sweet potato fries with salad rolls for dinner. I didn't plan the soup, it just happened to be what I made for my soup program today and luckily contained all ingredients I'm allowed. One thing I also noticed, due to less toxins or just plain desire, is my sense of smell has definitely heightened. Especially around the freshly baked bread I served at lunch but wasn't allowed:(
Oh yeah, and that chocolate bar I've been hiding - still fully intact!
As for the meditation, it may be a little early to tell but I feel there's already improvement. Yes, my mind still wanders but my periods of focus seemed to last longer last night. I have also learned that maybe my expectations of meditation are a little too high. This article by my close colleague and even closer amiga explains a more realistic approach of meditation and expectations from this practice: http://rediscoveryourhealth.com/2011/04/06/my-experience-with-meditation/.
So it's end of day 3, and yes, that means another enema! (oh don't you worry, you will be getting the full 'enema explanation' soon enough;)
2 more days (more like 1.5, or just 1 if we don't count day 5 at all;) and I promise you will be reaping the benefits of all your hard work. Keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment