Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Detox: Day 2

Its the second day and there is not a ripple in my will power. I am the sturdiest arrow, still headed directly for its bull's eye. I feel like this is a walk in the park, really!! However, it is only day two and I do give all of you my permission to hold these words against me in a about 2 weeks time when my sturdy arrow starts to wobble:)
I am trying to think back to my first detox to be able to relate to many of my readers. I think day 2 had a few challenges. A friend who is doing her first detox told me she was quite hungry today. If many of you are experiencing this, than simply eat! It is not so much how much you eat, more importantly is what you eat. If hungry between snack and meal, then have another snack. Any veggies (except the nightshade family), an apple or pear, or some nuts or seeds are all permitted at any time of the day (stopping all food by 9pm of course;). 
Raw sweet potato salad and fresh salad rolls
Today I ate very similar to yesterday except I had a raw sweet potato salad with some grain-free salad rolls for dinner. Yum!! Blueberries with mango for dessert and surprisingly not even the slightest temptation to hit up my secret chocolate stash.
As for my meditation last night: I am new at meditating. I have tried it many times before but always got frustrated at my wandering thoughts. I even practiced meditating at this beautiful temple in Laos which was lead by a local monk dressed in a traditional saffron robe, thinking the whole setting will surely make me a master at this ancient practice. But no, my mind still rambled until no end. However, I am determined this time, even if I don't succeed, to dedicate time every day to try. I figure even if I don't ever experience that amazing feeling of floating above the earth, finding complete balance between body, soul and spirit, or whatever many 'pro-meditators' claim to experience; sitting, relaxing and being calm can only be beneficial right? I certainly relaxed last night. So much so that I fell asleep! I think I'll have to start a little earlier tonight:)
Great job everyone! Keep it up!

2 comments:

  1. Great job Kimmy!
    Don't get frustrated with the meditation part. You might be having the wrong expectations about what to "feel" when meditating. Remember the article I wrote about it? Take a look: http://healthyhotties.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-experience-with-meditation.html
    Blessings and thank you for inspiring so many of us with your cleansing program. I'm on my way to the parasite cleanse...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Parasite cleanse.
    I was quite hungry yesterday, but I increased my proteins - red kidney beans, walnuts, almonds, sweet potato. It helped a lot, without increasing my food intake too much. I eat carrots with garlic hummous as a snack (sobeys organic variety is great - but a more bland brand picked up when I added lemon juice to it).

    ~Toni ;)

    ReplyDelete