Monday, April 4, 2011

Detox: Day 1

What my kitchen looked like pre-cleanse
Okay, so today was easy peazy right?? Right! And it's no surprise as the dial on the motivation scale is at max and you've been pumping yourself up for this for a while. Also, the good thing about starting on a Monday is that you hopefully had Sunday to prepare a few meals. I didn't feel like I was depriving myself at all with all the yummy food I ate. I had forgotten how tasty my morning carrot/beet/parsley juice is and it kept me going for a while. I guess it helped that my morning was quite busy. I had hummus and veggies, kichadi, apple and almonds for my afternoon snack and bean salad with a side of beet salad. The most surprising part about today was no craving for sweets right after dinner. Yes, I pretty much ran out the door for the gym but that hasn't stopped me from reaching for the chocolate before. And yes, I admit - there is dark, sugar-free chocolate in the house. But just for those unbearable cravings, which I know will hit at some point this month. Instead though, I had a bowl of blueberries and half of a perfectly ripe pear for dessert after the gym. Never did a pear taste so good. I was completely satiated. I didn't even think about the chocolate only feet way!
Yummy beet salad with beet greens, walnuts and my own sprouts!
So it's time to get my food ready for tomorrow and do my first 'detox meditation'. Oh yeah, and day 1 of a detox - you know what that means: enema time!

Congratulations on your first day everyone. Keep up the great work!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, U inspire me even though I dont think blueberries or pear can replace chocolate for me ;-)
    xoxoxo
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the enthusiasm for the enema. lol.

    You are indeed inspiring, it is time for spring cleaning.

    I hope day two is just as easy breezy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you make your kichadi, or get it ready-made?

    ReplyDelete