Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Detox: Day 23

Okay, so yesterday I wasn't as behaved as I promised to be. I went to an event and got a free drink ticket. I honestly tried to use it on water but since they just had tap water, I still had my drink ticket. I thought, well in order to properly analyze a suspected food sensitivity, I must consume the food/drink on its own. See, it was all part of the research;)

However, I am still not feeling nearly as good as I did when fasting. Although unavoidable, I quickly gained back the weight I lost during the fast (maybe 2-3 lbs) and my digestion has still not returned back to normal after the weekend episodes. I find myself really having to cut my portions as I am getting fuller faster (this however, is a good thing). I also realize that even with a one month detox, I am still a sugar addict. Although I have steered far away from white sugar for almost a year now (weddings, birthdays and holidays not incl. of course;), I still want something sweet after dinner. The cravings have definitely diminished however. Last night, when seeing many friends I haven't seen for a while, a few nice compliments were thrown my way. One about my skin looking good and one about how I look like I've lost a few pounds. Its nice to hear my hard work is getting noticed:)

With only a few days left of this detox, I really would love to carry on. However, as said since the beginning, the insufficient protein intake does make this detox unsustainable. I felt that tonight in my spin class. Although factors such as my first day back after a week and after my fast may be more to blame for my decrease in strength, but I am sure 3 1/2 weeks without sufficient protein intake certainly plays a role. I will however, most definitely continue with many of the positive habits I have acquired during this cleanse.

4 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment