Friday, April 22, 2011

Detox: Day 18 - Fasting: Day 3

Wow! So this is what happens when you strip away all those layers of dirt. You're left with nothing to hide behind. No protection and no excuses. It's just you. Bare, exposed and totally raw!

I was thinking tonight how it is so rare to be in a natural state of being. For most of us, coffee is the first thing we ingest in the morning. Immediately, we are buzzing on caffeine, therefore unaware of how our bodies really feel after the sleep we just had and how we feel about the day ahead. Then we often have a sugary muffin or cereal for breakfast and now we've complimented our caffeine buzz with a sugar high. Follow that with another coffee. Now, all we're doing is just sprinting through our day, just doing, not feeling. Lunch usually consists of a gazillion nutrient-deficient calories followed by some more sugar and maybe even another coffee. After work, we'll probably meet friends for drinks or put our feet up with a cold one when we get home. Now we're replacing our caffeine and sugar crash with an alcohol buzz. Probably add some junk food to the equation, especially for those planted in front of the TV. This may be exaggerated for a few of you, but I am sure this routine is resonating with many.

After 72 hours without eating anything, along with daily enemas, I couldn't be more pure. I am the closest to my natural state of being as I think I have every been. My mind has been free of all stimulants for over 18 days and only given clean, nutrient-dense foods that feed and replenish my body & mind.  It was underneath all those layers of grime, and in a completely sober state of mind that I have discovered what it is to truly feel. Mind you, this is only the tip of the ice burg. But what a breakthrough it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment