Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Detox: Day 16 (Fasting Day 1)

It is amazing  how much our eating habits are psychological. Yesterday, knowing I would be fasting over the next 3 days, I totally over ate and snacked non-stop. However, I woke up this morning, determined that I would not eat any solid food for 3 days and for whatever reason, was not at all hungry throughout the day.

I drank my normal carrot/beet/celery/apple juice this morning and felt quite fine through out the morning. I sipped carrot juice throughout the day when ever I started getting a little hungry and drank my tea and water as normal. I kept quite busy throughout lunch so that helped, however found it a bit difficult when I got home. I was more bored than anything really, so I again just kept busy. As my treat, I drank a mixed berry juice and that was lovely. One thing that was really evident though was how cold I was all day. It didn't help that it was below seasonal temperatures, and even with my sweater and scarf on all day indoors, I never really warmed up. This proves my point of not detoxing in the winter. Your body temperature drops quite significantly when detoxing, especially when fasting, that is why warm temperature is ideal.

I also refrained from any exercise and am aiming to go to bed by 10 (yikes! not looking good). Lets hope tomorrow goes as smooth although I remember day 2 of my last fall being a bit more of a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment