Friday, April 15, 2011

Detox: Day 12

2 more days and its a milestone! You can do it!

So we are coming up to another weekend. Weekends for me are always a little more difficult as I seem to have to face my temptations more often. It is those down times that you just want to say "F" it all and have that glass of wine, coffee or Kit Kat (you know who you are;). Lord knows I was tempted tonight. After being on my feet ALL day, shmoozing to a sea of strollers and baby bumps at a business convention, I just thought there would be nothing better than putting my feet up with a glass of red wine. Then at the end of the day, we were invited for a little meet and greet where they not only served all the foods I couldn't indulge in, but the best looking glasses of wine I think I have ever seen. And they were FREE!! Ooooo I was tempted. Very tempted. I may have even contemplated, justifying in my head the amount of antioxidants versus the alcohol content. But I am proud to say I simply sat (somewhat) contently with my veggie sticks and hummus and a glass of water. Luckily the urge did not remain for long as it was quickly replaced by pride in myself for remembering what I am doing this all for. 

Wish I could say I had as much will power when it came to my dark chocolate bar. Ooops!

No comments:

Post a Comment