Sunday, April 17, 2011

Detox: 2 weeks!

Yipee!! We made it! 2 weeks of detoxing! Congrats. Now who's staying on board for another??

If you made the two weeks and are ready to call it quits, pat yourself on the back for the amazing job. Especially for those who are doing this for the first time, I'm sure it wasn't easy and two weeks is a great amount of time for a detox. I hope you are feeling revitalized and energized. Physically, you probably dropped a few pounds, your skin is probably more clear and you most likely have less congestion and inflammation in the body. Mentally, your mood is most likely better balanced and you are probably feeling more calm. Whatever changes you have experienced through this cleanse, I hope they are positive and you are feeling better than before.
For me, this is my half way mark. Another 2 weeks to go. I must admit my motivation may not be as strong as 2 weeks ago, however there is not much out there that can mess with my determination. When I put my mind to something (and tell everyone I know about it:) there is no stopping me. Especially since discovering Live. Steve & I went out for dinner last night to Live, an organic raw food restaurant. I am totally convinced this restaurant is located in that little town called 'Heaven'. Aside from the tofu and tempeh, I was literally allowed to eat everything on the menu. First I started with the pecan sushi. No word of a lie, this dish may have just replaced dark chocolate as my new weakness! We then split the beet ravioli and raw taco's. Ooops sorry! I just salivated on my keyboard just thinking about it. Then, wait for it.... I had cheesecake for dessert. All this with out one bit of cheating!! The cheesecake was made of a cashews and a bit of agave. As long as I have Live I think I can detox forever!
Tonight's dinner: Sesame veggie stir-fry on quinoa

So into week three, which will probably be my most challenging week yet. On Tuesday I start a 3 day fast. You know that expression 'do as I say not as I do'? Well that applies here. Unfortunately there is no day that I am not working, therefore I won't really be able to take it easy while fasting, which is exactly what you are supposed to do. I will however, take a break from the gym, riding my bike and try to get at least an hour or two extra of sleep on the days I fast. Live will unfortunately have to wait a few more days:)

To all of you, whether this is where you draw the line or for those of you still trucking along, I salute you. Great job!!

2 comments:

  1. Kimmy! What is this place called Live? I want to go!
    Well my week 2 went well. I would urge anyone who is wavering, to keep going through at least week 3, since by then the habit of preparing meals and thinking healthily will be mostly formed. I would also urge making a 'post-cleanse' plan in order not to fall right off that wagon when you're finished. I am planning to reintroduce specific foods gradually and will plan which ones, in what order and how long it will all take to do so. I don't want to find myself unprepared, because it will be so easy to just fall back into my old, bad habits (one of which is cereal and toast for dinner - eek!).

    Hope you had a good weekend. Finally this weekend was not ALL ABOUT food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni - you read my mind for my next post - how to proper come out of a detox. I will only cover a few details as ALL of this info is in my meal plan. I can't give away all my brilliant knowledge for free;)

    ReplyDelete