Sunday, February 6, 2011

What Many Believe is 'Healthy'

I am new to Twitter. Still toying around with it trying to decide if it will be beneficial or just another social network to eat up all my precious time. However, when you join, Twitter suggests others alike you to follow. I like this feature because I am discovering all kinds of amazing people that are fighting the good fight to create positive change in our food industry. I do realize though, that in order for one to seek change, they must first recognize that something needs changing.

For so long I lived in denial, that is until I read the book Fast Food Nation by Eric Schossler. It was this book that opened a door for me that I have since never been able to shut. The door to Truth. I never wanted to believe humans would hurt another just to turn a profit. I discovered unfortunately, that they would and they do. Admittedly, living in a bubble was quite pleasant, seeing only never-ending fields of green and a long and prosperous future ahead. But knowledge is power. And without knowing the truth, ambition for positive change and a better world would seize to exist.

I have attached a link to a clever video I found from one of my alike Twitter followers about one's perception to a healthy lifestyle. Many people I am sure can relate to this video, which is too bad. However, it is understandable as to why one thinks this way. Big corporations through skillful marketing campaigns, as well as our trusted government has told us to. With the help of this video, I am suggesting you start challenging the messenger. Start doing your homework and empower yourself with knowledge. Your health depends on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment