Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Banana Date Macaroons


The hardest part about being on a cleanse for me is the absence of sweets. Even though I cut sugar out of my diet a long time ago, my sweet tooth is more present than ever, especially at the beginning of my cleanse.
It is then, in my pure desperation for something to fulfill my ravenous desire for something sweet that I discover that world I was looking for all along. The ‘Sugar-free Sweets World’!! It does exist! And everyday (especially during my cleanse;) I discover more and more beauty in this wonderful world.
Today I will share with you a small part of the 'Sugar-free Sweets World'  that soon, I hope we will all live happily ever after in.

Banana Date Macaroons

8 medjool dates, pitted
1 ripe banana
1.5 - 2 cups coconut flakes, always unsweetened

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. 
  2. In a food processor, process above three to a smooth paste. It should have a sticky consistency - but not be too gooey. Depending on how ripe the banana is, more coconut flakes may be required. 
  3. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. 
  4. Drop spoonfuls of the date-banana-coconut paste on the sheet, leaving at least 2 inches between them. 
  5. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Macaroons are done when bottom has browned. Top will be soft.
And after you finish one, then another, then another, you will experience something you never felt before while consuming numerous amounts of sweets: the feeling of being guilt free! 

Recipe by , About.com Guide

1 comment: