Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Love


My first love post goes out to my parents. For all the obvious reasons, but mainly for making it possible for me to experience life. My life that is filled with bright, sun shiny days, as well as the terrible storms of my past, I am happy to have seen it all.
It is so funny how when you are younger, your parents are seen as these super humans. Never did it seem like my father or my mother carried any doubt about anything in life. They always seemed so confident & sure about everything, never experiencing a moment of weakness or fear. Obviously this was very far from the truth. That is what made them such amazing parents. Portraying to their children that constant image of confidence, courage and happiness, no matter how they were truly feeling. Saying “everything will be okay”, even if they didn’t believe it themselves.
My parents’ role transitioned from super human, to enemy, to best friend. I was very fortunate to always have an excellent relationship with both my parents and also very fortunate to know how much they loved me. Although they will be big shoes to fill, I have been shown what it is to be a good parent if ever life leads me down the path of parenthood.
So as I take this gift they have given me, and march on forward, eyes wide with excitement, I carry only one regret. That my parents are no longer here to march with me.
Thanks Mom & Dad, for everything.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, I am sure they know you are grateful, wherever they are! Sending you love thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kimmy!!! I love the picture. XOXO...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pic. write more...

    ReplyDelete