Thursday, April 4, 2013

Cleanse Day 1 - Mental block!



I know, I know! It’s actually supposed to be day 4 of our spring cleanse. But I promise you truth here at Cook.Preach.Love. And the truth is that I was not mentally prepared to start on April 1. If you follow my blog, you have heard me say time and time again that in order for a cleanse to be successful, you must be prepared. Often I am referring to your food. You must have a sufficient quantity of veggies on hand for snacking, some healthy dips, and a few ready made dishes so you’re not scrambling and reaching for the wrong foods. Funny enough, I had all of these on Monday. What I didn’t have in place was the motivation.

Just as important as having the right foods on hand is having the will power. I think if we were to categorize what you need more of the two, it would be the will power. If you have not set your mind to ‘go’, the ‘ready’ and ‘set’ just falls flat. For me, the will power comes when I take a moment to make a promise to myself. Taking this promise as seriously as if I made a promise to my best friend, I don’t want to let me down. It also helps being a highly competitive person. Cheating on a cleanse is failure. And I hate the ‘f’ word with a passion!



Hopefully for all of you, you made that promise a 4 days ago. But if you didn’t, or did but didn't really mean it, its never too late to make that promise again. Pick a day and promise yourself you will give your body what it needs for at least 1 week. Promise your body you will put its needs first for a change and love it in every way possible for that week (preferably 2:). Tell those foods cravings, those addictions that they are no longer in charge! It is now time for you to take the steering wheel, turn that eco-friendly car around and head straight for Healthy Street.

Its an open road. Nothing to get in your way but you.

  




My dinner: Collard rolls stuffed with brown rice, soaked beans, sweet pots and fresh veggies! Mmmmm







Need some help on what to eat while cleansing? Write me at kimberly@greenblossoms.ca to learn more about the Green Blossoms Cleanse Kit.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kimmy! I'm only now seeing your first cleansing post! I'll be joining you (as I never did the cleanse a few weeks ago like I thought I would!?), but I won't be joining in until next week. I have my Mom here with me right now and there's no way she'll do a cleanse (!) and I'll be bringing her back home at the beginning of next week, so I'll be prepared to join in then. I'll keep you posted of my progress! Happy Spring Cleansing! XOX

    ReplyDelete