Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Marvelous Me Project II


I opened the Alive issue for this month and right there, staring back at me, was my idea!  12 Months of Wellness is the name of the article, setting a health goal for each month of the year, a very similar plan to The Marvelous Me Project. Not as nutrition based but still very similar. I knew I should have pitched them my idea!  Another ‘should have/ would have’ of 2012 but that aside, there are many accomplishments of 2012 that I am proud of. And The Marvelous Me Project, even if only reaching my small group of readers here on my blog, is certainly one of my proud accomplishments. That is why we’re doing it again!! This time, I have experience behind me. Knowledge of what works, and what doesn’t. What’s realistic and what’s a little too ambitious. And what gave the best results and made me feel the most marvelous! So as an experienced ‘Marvelous’ woman, let’s do this thang!

First thing, I feel like 2 resolutions/month is a little too ambitious. As a very proud, highly competitive person, this is hard for me to say. But when discussing resolutions last night with a dear friend, she mentioned how she wants to be more accepting of her limits. This resonated so much. I have a trouble with the ‘N’ word and often pile way too much on my plate. I am following her lead and learning to accept my limits. 2 health goals/month is totally achievable but what I found is that sometimes the process became so difficult that I stopped enjoying it. I lose interest real fast (esp. as a Gemini) if I am not enjoying myself and that’s not good. Success is almost guaranteed if you enjoy what you are doing, therefore I thought changing the Marvelous Me Project to 1 resolution/month was ideal. However, this means this 1 goal has to be done REALLY well. It allows you to apply more focus and energy to this goal making it impossible not to follow through. Right? Damn straight! Also, with 1 resolution/month this allows me to make a ‘best of’ list of the resolutions that gave the most marvelous results.

So lets get to it! The 12 Marvelous Me Goals are: (drumroll please;)
January – Drink Up
February – Sleep it Off
March – Contagious Smile
April – Spring Cleanse
May – Breakfast Bonanza
June – Soaking & Sprouting
July – Fitness Focus
August – Yoga
September – 100 Mile Diet
October – Fall Cleanse
November – Nine Out
December - Meditation

I will of course go into detail about each one at the beginning of each month, but the idea is to focus on the one goal and do it everyday of that month. If you have already implemented some of these goals into your life than please change the challenge to something that will benefit you. For example, if you drink pop, try to cut it out for a whole month. If you bite your nails, try not to for a whole month. You get the picture. Your Marvelous Me Project can be completely  designed to suit your needs and changes you want to accomplish in 2013. What ever your resolutions are, we all have the same goal for 2013. To be (more) Marvelous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment