Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Marvelous and Motivated???

Is it just me or has the motivation dwindled a little this month? Hopefully you've answered no but if we're being honest here, it has on my end. I know, only the second month in - terrible!

February - Marvelous Me month for protein and exercise, got off to a really slow start. On Feb 1st, I was on an overnight bus to meet my nephew, so I missed the gym that weekend. However, I did use my brother's elliptical one morning and easily got a half hour of walking in each day; not too shabby. Aside from the one day I spent entirely at the hospital much of my time in Montreal was to stock my brother and sis-in-law up with healthy food. Therefore, my protein intake was pretty good. But then I got sick. Just as I started to gloat about how I never get sick, I got hit with a doozy of a cold. It kept me away from the gym the whole week until the next Saturday. I did manage to go ice skating one evening and even though I wouldn't say I exerted myself, for how I was feeling, it was pretty good. By then I was back on track, 3 days at the gym for minimum of 1 hour and 1/2 hour walk every non-gym day. And I am back in the kitchen, planning my high protein meals. The motivation is back.

All this is to say, we all fall off the wagon sometimes - it's completely normal. The key is to jump back on. Not next year when you start a new resolution you won't keep, not next month for the next challenge, not even next week. Jump back on right away. There will always be weddings, parties, PMS binges:) That doesn't mean you throw all your hard work out the window because of one off day. Loosen that belt buckle, dust your self off, and jump back on the train to marvelousness!!!

2 comments:

  1. And, don't forget, Kimmy, February is always a difficult month to get through for, I think, everyone living in our climate! I was doing really well, too - I've cut out wheat (what a difference for me!) and, like I told you before, started exercising regularly for the upcoming Pentathlon until 2 weeks ago when I fell on my head while training on skates!?! I was in emergency all day only to find that all was well, except for a bump the size of a baseball and a sore neck. Just this week, I'm back at the gym and on the ice ... the race is this weekend. Oh well, like you said, there will always be some kind of setback, but as long as we get back on track, then we're doing just fine! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lynn, you are a champ!! I am unfamiliar with a Pentathlon but it sounds intense. Good for you for taking the plunge. And even after a fall like you experienced, you still got right back up and jumped right back in. Maybe you call that a setback but it seems like you are right on track to me!
    Please keep the supplying the updates & inspiration! xoxo

    ReplyDelete