Monday, January 16, 2012

BIG News!!!


So tomorrow is a BIG day for me! Tomorrow is my last official day as a full time costume maker and as of Wednesday morning I will be a full time Nutritionist!

It has been just over a year since graduating from The Institute of Holistic Nutrition and I have been slowly trying to build my nutrition career ever since. The process has taken me a little longer than I had originally planned, but I do know these things take time.  When looking back on my previous career, it had taken me over 5 years to be where I wanted to be – Cirque du Soleil. So from that perspective, I’m doing alright! Mind you, it will be a little while yet to be where I want to be as a Nutritionist, but tomorrow is a huge stepping-stone on this journey.

Wednesday, my ‘Cooking with Kimmy’ classes start up again, but this session I teach at 4 different school’s instead of 2. I also have 2 elective days that ‘Cooking with Kimmy’ supposedly sold out at! After I deliver the bad news that there will be no sugar ever served in my classes, I will work on getting the kids to like me again with some homemade chocolate! These will keep my afternoons quite busy.
Then, as of Monday January 23, I officially become an employee of Real Food for Real Kids www.rfrk.com. I will be a Lunch Club Coach serving yummy, nutritious food to healthy little tummies around the city. I can’t wait to start!!
Morning’s at Real Food for Real Kids and afternoon’s teaching my own cooking classes; I could not be more excited!!

I wanted to say a special thanks to my boss Jennifer, the Head of Wardrobe at Silver Lining, for all of her support over this past year and a half. Jenn was always super accommodating to my schedule, as crazy as it was at times trying to juggle my cooking classes, a soup program and my costume making duties all at once. At times, it didn’t always go so smoothly so I thank you Jenn, for being so patient and supportive. My experience at Silver Lining Costumes was an amazing one and I definitely felt privileged to be amongst some of the most talented women I have ever met. So I leave, not saying ‘Goodbye’ but instead ‘See you later’. And with me I take great skills, memories, a new liking for jelly-penises and most importantly, new friends. Thank you!

Love Kim – The full-time Nutritionist xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Congrats Kim! You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited and happy for you! Congratulations! You deserve this as much if not more than anyone I know. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats Kim, I am so happy for you. you deserve it! love you
    Ely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congrats! The sweet (& healthy) fruits of your hard work are appearing all around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Wishing you all the best in your new endeavours! The Aunt

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl. I'm sure you'll be successful in whatever you undertake. Everybody is proud of you and all you do. Keep on keeping on always Kimmy, Love ya, aunty Marion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Kim! And the photo in this post is priceless... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Félicitations Kim, have fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Kimmy, this is AMAZING news!!! You are incredible, I hope you know! Sending you lots of loving support your way and I'll keep up to date with you on your lovely journey. Oh, another thing, I have a little something I'd like to send to you in the mail, but need your home mailing address. When you have a chance, Kimmy, could you email me your home address so that I can send you a little package, please? My email is lynnita.bonita@gmail.com In the meantime, sending you lots of hugs, Lynn (just in case you know another Lynn - Maynard!) XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amasing news Kimmy,

    i know you'd be able to do it no matter what ! You definitely deserve this....it's been a long way coming !

    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's amazing Kimmy! Can't wait to try one of your yummy chocolates :) all the best :)

    ReplyDelete