Sunday, April 24, 2011

Detox: Day 21

Last day of a three week detox. Wow! This is the end of the road for most, anyone who is left that is. I think it is so wonderful the love you have shown yourself these past three weeks. I know your body is thanking you for it as well. A BIG congrats for all your hard work!

For me, I continue trucking on. I have one more week, actually 6 days of my detox left. I must say, my attitude has definitely slacked going into this last week. I came out of my fast quite well, only starting with soup about half way through my day on Friday. A few veggies as an afternoon snack, then more soup and a salad for dinner. I felt fine. Saturday day was pretty much the same, however I knew I would be in for a challenge Saturday night. We were invited to a friend's place for dinner and going to a dance party after wards. Knowing how health conscious my friend was, I knew I would have plenty to eat. Even though there was an abundance of salads and dips I could eat, I couldn't resist trying a quesadillas. I refused the cheddar cheese but said yes to the goat cheese I (know - bad). But she had mixed it with these amazing chipotle peppers (I know- another bad) that I just couldn't deny. I regretted it about 20 minutes later though, as I felt like I had just eaten cement that was now permanently hardening in my stomach! I totally had a reaction and then paid for it all night. It didn't keep me from dancing of course;) but definitely helped with staying away from any alcohol or delicious chocolate chip cookies she served for dessert.

Today was another day full of temptation as it was Easter. We arrived at Steve's family's place and of course immediately began munching. I was well behaved and stuck to the veggies and summer hummus I made, however there was this cheese platter. I thought, maybe I should try a tiny piece of goat cheese and see if I get a reaction, confirming my sensitivity to it. So I did. Aside from feeling totally stuffed from over-munching, I didn't get the same reaction. However, half way through my dinner it started.  I did have a few sips of red wine (I know - VERY bad) but didn't even get to enjoy it as this moment of pleasure was replaced by a cement truck in my stomach that lasted the rest of the night. Now I have to figure out if it was the goat cheese or wine (God - please don't let it be the wine;) or  something on my plate even though I steered clear of all allergen foods at dinner.  Not fun. Especially after feeling so amazing a few days prior. This makes me want to go back to fasting!

So for all of you ending your detox, this is confirmation to take it slow. Really try to stick to one food group at a time and that will make spotting a food sensitivity much easier.

I'll be better behaved tomorrow - I promise;)

No comments:

Post a Comment