Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Honey Apple Dressing


Some of my best creations in the kitchen come from my complete lack of organization. For instance, just the other day I wanted to make poppy seed dressing for my salad. The recipe called for raw sugar but I wanted to try the recipe with honey instead. So I started throwing ingredients in the blender only to realize I was missing dry mustard. Then I couldn’t find the apple cider vinegar, remembering I left it at the cottage. And then the real kicker, I was out of poppy seeds. After coming to terms with the fact that there would be no poppy seed dressing, I put on my creative hat and this is what I came up with. I call it Honey Apple Dressing.

Honey-Apple Dressing

¼ cup honey
½ tsp cumin
1 tbsp red onion
2 tbsp red delicious apple
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
½ cup sunflower oil

Blend all ingredients except oil. Once well blended, keep blender running slowly. Add oil slowly so it thickens. Add to any salad that needs some pizzazz!!

No comments:

Post a Comment